Its time for the Brain Science Podcast's seventh annual review episode. In 2013 we had the chance to talk with ten scientists, including three returning guests. We also celebrated our 100th episode and passed 5 million downloads.
BSP 104 is a review of some of the key ideas we explored in 2013. I also announced the launch of a new Premium Subscription program. Beginning around December 30 the twenty-five most recent episodes will remain free while the rest of the 100+ podcasts and transcripts will be available either by subscription or for individual purchase.
How to get this episode:
2013 Episodes and Books
- BSP 93: Interview with Fernando Cervero, Phd, author of Understanding Pain
- BSP 94: Interview with Benjamin Bergen, Phd, author of Louder Than Words: The New Science of How the Mind Makes Meaning
- BSP 95: Part 2 of discussion of Understanding Pain: Exploring the Perception of Pain by Fernando Cervero
- BSP 96: Interview with Dr. Robert Burton, author of A Skeptic's Guide to the Mind: What Neuroscience Can and Cannot Tell Us About Ourselves
- BSP 97: Interview with Daniel Lende and Greg Downey, editors of The Encultured Brain: An Introduction to Neuroanthropology
- BSP 98: Discussion of The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum by Temple Grandin
- BSP 99: Interview with Temple Grandin, Phd (The Autistic Brain)
- BSP 100: Interview with Alvaro Fernandez, co-author of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age
- BSP 101: Interview with Seth Grant about how the synapse has evolved
- BSP 102: Interview with Dr. Allen Frances, author of Saving Normal: An Insider's Revolt Against Out-of-Control Psychiatric Diagnosis, DSM-5, Big Pharma, and the Medicalization of Ordinary Life
- BSP 103: Interview with Olaf Sporns, PhD, author of Discovering the Human Connectome
- On December 31st a new Premium Subscription will allow listeners to support the Brain Science Podcast while having access to our Archives and Premium content. Click here to learn more.
- Individual episodes (mp3) and transcripts are now available for $1 each.
- Donations are still accepted and appreciated.
- Subscribe to the free Brain Science Podcast Newsletter so that you never miss a new episode.
- Dr. Campbell will be at the New Media Expo in Las Vegas, NV January 4-6, 2014