I have been using the SharpBrains website as a source of information and ideas since the early days of my Brain Science Podcast, so it seemed fitting to invite SharpBrains co-founder Alvaro Fernandez to be my guest for Episode 100. We talked about the second edition of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age, which he co-authored with Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg (BSP 18). The goal of this book is to give people from all backgrounds a practical guide for evaluating the current science and establishing their own "brain fitness" regimen, much in the way that each of us must choose a physical fitness that meets our individual needs and lifestyle.
Brain Fitness should not just be a concern for older people, it should become a key component of a healthy lifestyle at any age. The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness is a great first step.
How to get this episode:
- FREE: audio mp3 (click to stream, right click to download)
- Buy Transcript for $1.
- Premium Subscribers now have unlimited access to all old episodes and transcripts.
- New episodes of the Brain Science Podcast are always FREE. All episodes posted after January 1, 2013, are free. See the individual show notes for links the audio files.
Links and References:
- The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age by Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg (2nd Ed.)
- The New Executive Brain: Frontal Lobes in a Complex World by Elkhonon Goldberg
- The Wisdom Paradox: How Your Mind Can Grow Stronger As Your Brain Grows Older by Elkhonon Goldberg
- SharpBrains: a website that provides critical analysis of both the research and products in the emerging field of brain fitness. Co-founded by Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg, SharpBrains also hosts an Annual Virtual Summit.
- The Brain Science Podcast is supported by listener donations.
Celebrating BSP 100
To celebrate Episode 100 of the Brain Science Podcast I invited listeners to contribute audio to the show. I couldn't use everything, but I want to thank everyone who submitted content. The following listeners are featured:
- "I Got a Brain" Written and Performed by Dr. Jay Einhorn
- Interview with Darryl Ferges
- "Mindfire" (new theme music) by Tony Cotraccia
- Audio comments: Leon Mcgahee, MD., Eric Lindley, Julio Dantos, Hamish Kebb, and Adelia Moore, PhD
- Email from Jana Johnson