The Brain Science Podcast provides a unique opportunity for scientists and writers to discuss their work and ideas in depth. Here is a list of the guests who have been interviewed. This list is complete through June 13, 2008.
- Michael Arbib, PhD: The role of mirror neurons in imitation and language; Episode 39.
- Sandra Blakeslee: co-author of The Body Has a Mind of Its Own: How Body Maps in Your Brain Help You Do (Almost) Everything Better; Episode 23.
- Louanne Brizendine MD: author of The Female Brain; Episode 20.
- György Buzsáki, PhD: author of Rhythms of the Brain; Episode 31.
- Norman Doidge, MD: author of The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science; Episode 26.
- Arthur Glenberg, PhD: Embodied cognition; Episode 36.
- Elkhonon Goldberg, PhD: author of The Executive Brain: Frontal Lobes and the Civilized Mind and The Wisdom Paradox; Episode 18.
- Jeff Hawkins: author of On Intelligence; Episode 38.
- Rachel Herz, PhD: author of The Scent of Desire: Discovering our Enigmatic Sense of Smell; Episode 34.
- Christof Koch, PhD: author of The Quest for Consciousness: A Neurobiological Approach; Episode 22.
- John Medina, PhD: author of Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School; Episode 37.
- Read Montague, PhD: author of Why Choose This Book?: How We Make Decisions; Episode 15.
- Rolf Pfiefer, PhD: author of How the Body Shapes the Way We Think: A New View of Intelligence ; Episode 25.
- John J Ratey, MD: author of Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain; Episode 33.
- Stuart Shanker, PhD: How the study of communication among bonobos provides clues about the role of emotional signaling in the evolution of language; Episode 7.
- Edward Taub, PhD: revolutionary approach to stroke rehabilitation; Episode 28.
- Maryanne Wolf, PhD: author of Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading Brain; Episode 29.
You can find all the books discussed on the Brain Science Podcast at the Brain Science Store.