Episode 56 of the Brain Science Podcast is an interview with neuroscientist, Eve Marder, PhD. Dr. Marder has spent 35 years studying the somatogastric ganglion of the lobster. In this interview we talk about how she got into neuroscience during its early days, her recent tenure as president of the Society for Neuroscience, and how some of her key discoveries have implications for studying more complex nervous systems.
How to get this episode:
- Eve Marder's lab.
- Gina Turrigiano (synaptic scaling).
- The Practical Psychiatrist website.
- Society for Neuroscience.
- Brain Awareness Week.
- Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS).
- International Brain Research Organization (IBRO).
- Wikipedia links: Eve Marder, central pattern generator.
- The Practical Psychiatrist has chosen the Brain Science Podcast for its semi-annual Community Service Award in Mental Health.