Episode 50 of the Brain Science Podcast is a change of pace from our usual format. In this episode I share a few highlights from this year's Neuroscience 2008, the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, which just concluded in Washington, DC.
How to get this episode:
Show Notes and Links:
- Society for Neuroscience Public Outreach Efforts:
- Brain Awareness Week: co-sponsored with the Dana Alliance.
- Neuroscience Core Concepts: key ideas that everyone should know.
Scientists featured in this episode:
- Eve Marder (Brandeis University)-current president of SfN.
- Tom Carew (UC-Irvine)-incoming president of SfN.
- Michael Bate (Cambridge University): his talk about the study of the development of movement in fruit flies is featured in this episode.
- The development of motor coordination in Drosophila embryos by Sarah Crisp, Jan Felix Evers, André Fiala and Michael Bate; Development 135, 3707-3717 (2008).
- Books and Ideas #23: Interview with Nobel physicist, Dr. Frank Wilczek.
Send email feedback to Ginger Campbell, MD at email@example.com