Last month (BS 147) I discussed Charlotte Nassim's wonderful biography of pioneering neuroscientist Dr Eve Marder, so this month I am sharing the interview I did with her back in 2009. I originally learned of Dr. Marder's work when I went to Neuroscience 2008, the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience. At that time Dr. Marder was serving as the president of SfN so we talk a bit about that during our conversation. We also talk about what it was like for her as a member of the first large cohort of women entering science. Everything in this interview remains timely and I think it is an excellent compliment to last month's episode.
How to get this episode:
- FREE: audio mp3 (click to stream, right click to download)
- Episode Transcript [Buy for $2] [Free for Premium and Patreon supporters]
- Premium Subscribers have unlimited access to ALL old episodes and transcripts, as well as extra content for selected episodes. You also get ad-free versions of newer episodes.
- New episodes of Brain Science are ALWAYS FREE. The most recent 50 episodes are also free. See the individual show notes for links to the audio files.
- Brain Science Live is recorded on Facebook Live the first Thursday of every month at 8 PM Central Time. BS 147 and 148 with be discussed together in December and will include any feedback or comments received before December 1, 2018.
- Click here to learn more about Brain Science Live on Facebook
- Send your feedback to email@example.com.
- A full itinerary is now available for our trip to Australia in 2019. Click here to learn more.
Please Visit This month's sponsors
- The Great Courses Plus--lectures on a wide range of topics
- Babbel- a great new way to learn another language