The latest episode of the Brain Science Podcast (BSP 71) is our 4th annual review episode. As usual, I review highlights from this year's interviews, but this year I added a new feature: my personal reflections on how the Brain Science Podcast has impacted my life. This episode also contains a special announcement for UK listeners.
How to get this episode:
Major Topics from Season 4:
- Emotions with Jaak Panksepp (BSP 65).
- Memory with Randy Gallistel (BSP 66).
- Consciousness with Thomas Metzinger (BSP 67).
- Alzheimer's Disease with Peter Whitehouse (BSP 68 and Books and Ideas 36).
- Glia Cells with R. Douglas Fields (BSP 69).
- Pop Psychology Myths with Scott Lilienfeld (BSP 70).
- Affective Neuroscience: The Foundations of Human and Animal Emotions, by Jaak Panksepp (BSP 65).
- Memory and the Computational Brain: Why Cognitive Science will Transform Neuroscience, by C. R. Gallistel, Adam Philip King (BSP 66).
- The Ego Tunnel: The Science of the Mind and the Myth of the Self,by Thomas Metzinger (BSP 67)
- The Myth of Alzheimer's: What You Aren't Being Told About Today's Most Dreaded Diagnosis, by Peter J. Whitehouse and Daniel George (BSP 68 and Books and Ideas 36).
- The Other Brain: From Dementia to Schizophrenia, How New Discoveries about the Brain Are Revolutionizing Medicine and Science, by R. Douglas Fields (BSP 69).
- 50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior, by Scott O. Lilienfeld, Steven Jay Lynn, John Ruscio, Barry L. Beyerstein (BSP 70).
- For additional references: follow links to episode show notes.
- The Brain Science Podcast app is now available for both iPhone and ANDROID (NEW!)
- Be sure to subscribe to my Books and Ideas podcast. The next episode will come out in December.
- The next episode of the Brain Science Podcast will come out in January 2010.
- Sign up for our Newsletter so that you won't miss any episodes.
Send me feedback at email@example.com.