- Mind Reader blog on Salon.com.
Previous Episodes of the Brain Science Podcast:
- Episode 42: Part 1 of our discussion of On Being Certain.
- Episode 13: Unconscious Decisions-featuring Blink, by Malcom Gladwel.l
- Episode 15: Interview with Read Montague about unconscious decisions.
Other scientists/writers mentioned in this episode:
- Benjamin Libet: important experiments showing that unconscious signals precede our awareness of deciding to act.
- Timothy Wilson: Strangers to Ourselves.
- John Searle, philosopher: Mind: A Brief Introduction.
- David Bohm, physicist:Thought as a System.
Other terms mentioned in the interview:
Cotard's Syndrome: when the patient believes they do not exist or that they are dead
Cognitive dissonance: a mismatch between what one believes and what the evidence supports
Donations and Subscriptions are appreciated
Send email feedback to Ginger Campbell, MD at docartemis at gmail.com