Last month I posted a detailed discussion of Temple Grandin's latest book The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum (with Richard Panek), so I am pleased to share a follow interview with Dr. Grandin (BSP 99). This interview is different from the typical Brain Science Podcast because our focus is on the practical issues that face people who are dealing with autism. Of course, as Dr. Grandin emphasized, autism occurs across a wide spectrum ranging from those who can never learn to speak to high functioning professionals exemplified by Temple Grandin herself. Dr. Grandin speaks from personal experience grounded in her own scientific curiosity.
How to get this episode:
Links and References:
- BSP 98: Discussion of The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum by Temple Grandin
- Temple Grandin's website
- Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals by Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson
- The Brain Science Podcast mobile app is now available for Windows 8 devices.
- Deadline for listener submissions for BSP 100 is August 1, 2013
- Unfortunately Mensana has closed down, so CEU's are not currently available for the Brain Science Podcast. I am looking for a new vendor.
- Don't forget to sign up for the BSP Newsletter so that you can get episode show notes automatically, and never miss a new episode.