Dr. Fernando Cervero
Dr. Fernando Cervero of McGill University has been studying pain since the beginning of his career back in the 1960s. These decades have seen tremendous advances in our neuroscientific understanding of what causes different types of pain, as well as changing attitudes. Pain was once regarded as something that most people had to endure, but now most of us demand adequate pain relief, sometimes even to the point of not tolerating minor pain. Dr. Cevero's new book, Understanding Pain, provides an accessible account of both the history of pain research and a thoughtful consideration of the challenges facing the field.
The latest episode of the Brain Science Podcast (BSP 93) is an interview with Dr. Cervero. This is Part 1 of a planned two-part series.
- Understanding Pain: Exploring the Perception of Pain, by Fernando Cervero.
- International Association for the Study of Pain.
- Life Before Death (video)
Meet Dr. Campbell in Person:
- Downtown Atlanta, Georgia February 19-21, 2013.
- South by SouthWest: March 7-10, 2013 (Austin, TX, USA).
- Johannesburg, South Africa April 8,9 2013.
I would love to some listener meetups, so please drop me an email at gincampbell at mac dot com, if you will be at any of these places on the right days.
- Coming Very Soon! Completely new Brain Science Podcast website!
- Needed: at least 250 listeners to complete a VERY SHORT listener survey.
- New:Brain Science Podcast listener campaign to get Dr. Campbell on Triangulation, which is an interview show on Leo Laporte's TWiT network: click here for contact information or send an email to email@example.com with BRAIN SCIENCE PODCAST in the subject line.
- Next month's episode will be an interview with Benjamin Bergen, author of Louder Than Words: The New Science of How the Mind Makes Meaning; and I will be posting my follow-up interview with Jaak Panksepp on Books and Ideas.
- Part 2 about Pain will be available in March.
- The earliest episodes of the Brain Science Podcast are now disappearing from iTunes but they remain freely available here. They are also available within the Brain Science Podcast app for mobile devices. By the way, the mobile app has been updated, and I need users to post new reviews.
- Attention Psychologists! CEUs are now available for selected episodes of the Brain Science Podcast. Click here for a complete list.
- Don't forget to get your copy of my eBook, Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty, from Amazon.com. If you don't have the Kindle app, just send me your Amazon receipt and I will send you the PDF.
- The Brain Science Podcast is supported by listener donations. It also relies on your word of mouth, so don't forget to share it with others.
- Join the Brain Science Podcast Fan Page on Facebook, Google+, and share your thoughts in our Discussion Forum on Goodreads. Of course, you can also send me email at gincampbell at mac dot com.
- To get show notes automatically and never miss an episode of the Brain Science Podcast, sign up for the BSP Newsletter.