I have been using the SharpBrains website as a source of information and ideas since the early days of my Brain Science Podcast, so it seemed fitting to invite SharpBrains co-founder Alvaro Fernandez to be my guest for Episode 100. We talked about the second edition of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age, which he co-authored with Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg (BSP 18). The goal of this book is to give people from all backgrounds a practical guide for evaluating the current science and establishing their own "brain fitness" regimen, much in the way that each of us must choose a physical fitness that meets our individual needs and lifestyle.
Brain Fitness should not just be a concern for older people, it should become a key component of a healthy lifestyle at any age. The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness is a great first step.
Links and References:
- The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age by Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg (2nd Ed.)
- The New Executive Brain: Frontal Lobes in a Complex World by Elkhonon Goldberg
- The Wisdom Paradox: How Your Mind Can Grow Stronger As Your Brain Grows Older by Elkhonon Goldberg
- SharpBrains: a website that provides critical analysis of both the research and products in the emerging field of brain fitness. Co-founded by Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg, SharpBrains also hosts an Annual Virtual Summit.
Celebrating BSP 100
To celebrate Episode 100 of the Brain Science Podcast I invited listeners to contribute audio to the show. I couldn't use everything, but I want to thank everyone who submitted content. The following listeners are featured:
- "I Got a Brain" Written and Performed by Dr. Jay Einhorn
- Interview with Darryl Ferges
- "Mindfire" (new theme music) by Tony Cotraccia
- Audio comments: Leon Mcgahee, MD., Eric Lindley, Julio Dantos, Hamish Kebb, and Adelia Moore, PhD
- Email from Jana Johnson